Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I've Been Bit By the Japanese Flower Bug

I came across these beautiful flowers while I was skipping around looking at blogs yesterday.  It took me a little while but I finally found a blog that had a tut (as she calls it).  It was too late last night when I came across the tut,  I had to wait until this morning before I could wrap my fingers around beautiful yarn and start creating my own Japanese flowers.  Last night I dreamed about the yarn I would use and the colors I would combine.  I should have been sleeping I was exhausted but alas thinking about crocheting is much more fun.  
Here is my first one.  
 

I like how it turned out but I really like the color combination of my second one.  








My day consisted of watching movies with my son and making more beautiful flowers.  So far I have 5 made.  I love summer vacation!

Oh and here is where you can find the tut...  http://byelizabethcat.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-make-my-japanese-flowers-like-this.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy - I have emailed you about the crochet stitch pattern on my bolster cushion. Hope it helps, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, you are 'no reply' so goodness knows where the email went!

    Here's what I wrote...

    Make a chain which is a multiple of 4 stitches + 3
    Row 1: [2trtog, 1ch, 2trtog] in 5th chain from hook, *skip 3ch, [2trtog, 1ch, 2trtog] in next chain, repeat from * to last 2 ch, skip 1ch, 1tr in last chain, turn
    row 2: 3 ch, skip first tr and first 2trtog * [2trtog, 1ch, 2trtog] into 1 ch space, skip next 2 2trtog, repeat from *, ending skip last 2trtog, 1tr in next ch, turn

    So, after the first row you are working out of the 1ch spaces. My terminology is UK.

    ReplyDelete